Find out how on adding vitamins to your diet you can stand strong against bladder cancer.
Also know about the various tests available for diagnosis. Bladder cancers are malignant tumors that begin in the bladder.
Different bladder cancers are described by how deep they grow and if they grow into the bladder or through the muscles around the bladder (superficial or invasive).
For diagnosis of the bladder cancer various tests that examine the urine, vagina, or rectum are used. After bladder cancer has been diagnosed, tests are done to find out if cancer cells have spread within the bladder or to other parts of the body.
Studies were conducted using a high antioxidant vitamin and mineral formula designed especially for bladder cancer patients undergoing BCG treatments.
Two groups were taken into consideration, one of them with high dose of vitamins and minerals included in their treatment and the other group with fewer doses.
Results!! At the end of 5 years, the control patients were switched to the high dose vitamin-mineral formula. Since that time, only one additional patient in the high-dose group has had a recurrence.
This revealed that the use of bladder cancer vitamins really helped in building a strong immune system.
Bladder cancer major risk factors are stones in the bladder and infections. So in order to prevent bladder cancer first of all one should be strong enough to fight infections as well as not allow stones formation.
Let’s see one can prevent infections & stones:
- Drink lots of water! Drink enough so that you put out 3 to 4 quarts of urine a day.
- Urinary tract infections 2-3 times a year are more risky; a lot more is a problem, not only because of the possible bladder cancer risk, but also because of its effect on your genitourinary system and on your general health.
- Maintain personal cleanliness to prevent your exposure to infection-causing bacteria.
- Decrease your exposure to cancer-causing agents in general like avoid smoking or quit smoking if you are already a smoker.
- Learn more about antioxidant vitamins. These include Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin E and other vitamins. Studies say that these reduce the effects of cancer-causing agents in the body.
- Some preliminary research seems to show that antioxidants may reduce recurrences in people who already have bladder cancer.
- Remember, infected urine may contain substances that increase cancer risk.
- Consult a doctor immediately if you have any of the symptomatic bladder cancer infections. Other symptoms include fever and chills, cloudy, smelly urine and pinkish or bloody urine. Don’t ignore bloody urine; it can be serious and may lead to any disorder or complication.
So there you are with most of the important preventive measures to be taken including the role of vitamins in your regular diet, which strengthen your overall immune system.
Remember a healthy food habits will definitely help in fighting against cancer for that matter any other disorders or infections. So Continue To Stay Healthy!