Posted on Apr 14, 2014 | Comments 0
For years, many doctors and health specialists have linked lower breast cancer rate with regular daily exercising and moderate physical workout.††So hence it is true that daily exercising can help prevent breast cancer. There are studies which have been conducted by splitting women in two groups.
While one group was asked to complete a moderate set of exercises for 5 days a week for 16 weeks, the other group didnít do any exercises.††Before conducting the study, urine samples were collected. The results of this study proved that women who performed exercises showed lower levels of cancer causing estrogen byproducts whereas those who didnít go any exercises at all showed no change in the levels.
The following are some more facts about how daily exercise can prevent breast cancer:
- It is proved that 30 minutes of daily exercise or activity can considerably reduce breast cancer risk by at least 20 percent.
- Earlier, it was believed that cancer was a product largely based upon the consumption habits of a person and on the nutritional content he/she takes in but now many researchers believe that it greatly depends upon the level of physical activities that you do.
- By being involved in physical activities regularly, one can strengthen his/her immune system and this can thus lead to stopping breast cancer on its way from affecting you.† So incorporation of even simple exercises such as walking, swimming and cycling can reduce the chances of many types of cancers such as intestinal cancer and breast cancer.
- Exercising on a regular basis affects many functions of the body and those who are involved in it have better overall cardiovascular activity, DNA repair, hormone regulation and even higher levels of energy.† All of these functions directly affect the formation and development of various kinds of cancers in the body including breast cancer.
- Exercising on a regular basis not only prevents breast cancer, as proved in the above given points but also helps in the treatment as well as rehabilitation of the patients who have undergone surgery or other form of cancer treatment.† The best thing about this is that you do not need to be involved in a very intense fitness regime but even moderate level exercising is enough.
Breast cancer is a disease which can be caused due to many reasons and exercising is only one way to prevent it. Maintaining a good overall standard of life and good health are also important for preventing all kinds of cancers and diseases.
Photo Credit By:†canberra.edu.au
Posted in: Breast Cancer