Females, who have a family history of breast cancer, should be very careful as they are prone to gene breast cancer. Genes BCRA1 and BCRA2 are the ones responsible for this transfusion. It is very common for women to acquire breast cancer especially if it is in their bloodline.
The genes named above are present in all women but the ones which have an abnormality in any of the gene mentioned are susceptible to random multiplication of cancerous cells which proves to be very dangerous and can lead to gene breast cancer.
If you found an abnormal lump in your breast or experience unusual discharge in your nipples, you mustn’t wait for the symptoms to get worse. Immediately go to a doctor so proper tests can be administered to confirm whether you have gene breast cancer or not.
Tests to detect breast cancer
- Doctors first recommend females to undergo the mammography test for detecting gene breast cancer.
- MRI scans are also conducted to get a complete picture about the spread of the cancerous cells and their exact location.
- If mammography is not available, you can have your self tested for gene breast cancer through ultrasound.
Once your doctor confirmed you have cancer, you have to undergo treatment right away. Surgeries are often conducted which include lumpectomy, mastectomy, and lymph node dissection.
Gene breast cancer is so fatal that even after surgery, patients are advised to undergo therapies like chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and hormonal therapy. Gene breast cancer can’t be completely prevented from occurring since it can attack you at any given time.
You can still prevent the occurrence of gene breast cancer. If you have already proven that it runs in your blood, you can take the necessary precautions to prevent or detect it early. Here’s how:
- Always limit yourself to a nutritious diet of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains.
- Make it an everyday effort to undergo regular exercise. Obesity is one of the key factors that cause mutation of genes. It is therefore advised to keep your weight under check to avoid gene breast cancer.
- Examine yourself by doing a breast examination regularly. You can check for unusual lumps in your breast and the areas around it.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol. They only load up your body with harmful chemicals and empty calories.
- Detoxify regularly by drinking lots of water or eating fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants.
- Never allow stress to take over your body. Rest when your body needs it and avoid strenuous activities that can lower your immune system.
Though these things do not necessarily mean that you’ll be protected against gene breast cancer, they can certainly help you prevent it. Gene breast cancer is harder to treat if it is already in its very late stage. If left untreated, it can lead to death. Make it a habit to see your doctor every time you notice something different in your body.