While there are conflicting opinions in the medical community about the efficacy of nutritional supplements to fight breast cancer, it helps to know one’s options when this deadly disease strikes:
- Vitamin E and its antioxidant properties are thought to be useful for fighting prevention. One must exercise caution with this supplement however, because over dosage can be dangerous.
- Vitamin A (Retinol) is thought to improve immunity and reduce the impact of free radicals and consequently cell damage.
- Black Cohosh is usually a herbal remedy for the symptoms of menopause, however it has been seen to be useful for breast cancer management in some cases when used under medical supervision.
- Flaxseed is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids which are thought to have excellent anti oxidant properties and are seen to be effective for breast cancer management.
- Vitamin B12 is necessary for maintaining good cellular DNA health. The vitamin is necessary for proper functioning of the nervous system, for proper use of iron in the body and for the formation of red blood cells.
- Coenzyme Q10, also related to good cell health, is known to be useful not only in cancer treatment but also muscular dystrophies, diabetes, heart diseases and other diseases of the nerves.