Sweet wormwood is a plant which is commonly found in North America and Asia. Sweet is an annual plant that grows in the temperature climate; it has an ability to grow up to 2 meters. One of the best herbs to treat malaria fever. It belongs to the family Asteraceae and called as Artemisia annua in scientific terms. It also is known as sweet Annie and annual wormwood.
This wonderful herb can treat many health conditions like:
- Sea-dragon bite
Sweet wormwood acts as antimalarial, antifungal, antibacterial, anti-allergic and anti-tumor properties were discovered.
- Traditionally called as green ginger in Ayurveda, wormwood is an excellent cure for treating stress and depressive symptoms including disturbed sleep, insomnia, convulsion, fatigue, nervous afflictions, epileptic attacks and certain other mental disturbances.
- Being the primary psychoactive agent, the presence of Alfa thujone makes wormwood oil as an excellent psychoactive response.
- Sweet wormwood can also assist in the treatment of menstrual pain, intestinal worms, fever, parasites and toxic remains in the system.
The Unknown Benefits of Sweet Wormwood
The benefits that sweet wormwood has brought to the field of medicine are numerous such as:
- Sweet wormwood is the amazing herb that kills the cancer cells. As cancer is one of the most deadly and killing diseases in this current world, many types of research are frequently trying to cure the cancer cells and want to kill cancer.
- According to research sweet wormwood is used in the alternative Chinese medicine, it takes only 16 hours to destroy most of the cancer cells.
- Special receptors that participate in the cell division are responsible for depositing iron in the cancer cells.
- These receptors are also part of the healthy cells, but the cancer cells have in much greater amounts. It can also treat malaria; lots of research that were conducted so far prove that if artemisinin is combined with iron it can effectively influence the destruction of cancer cells.
- In China, this combination was used as a cure for malaria for thousands of years.
- Sweet wormwood can also treat tumors because of its anti-tumor It can treat cancers like melanoma, colorectal cancer, neuroblastoma, leukemia, prostate cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, hepatoma, hepatocellular cancer, and various other types.
- It also good in its antimicrobial properties they inhibit the growth of the pathogens like viruses, fungi, bacteria, parasites, etc. The helps in the formation of toxic free oxygen species which can kill the pathogen directly by penetrating into the cell membranes.
- Wormwood is used in the treatment of rheumatism like aching joints. Psoriasis the color of the skin changes, blood vessel diseases, stomach disorders and anorexia.
- The oil extracted from this wonderful and powerful herb is used in many cosmetic and medical preparations and they also use in perfumes.
All the above discussed are the researched and proved benefits of sweet wormwood. You can introduce this wonderful herb in your diet either by supplement or tea.