The milk thistle extract is considered to be a traditional remedy from ancient times. Many people use it for the protection of the liver against toxins and for treating a wide range of liver diseases.
The plant’s seeds contain a flavonoid substance called silymarin which is extracted by scientists for its key role in treating liver and gallbladder problems. The substance is also useful in protecting both the kidney and the liver cells from the side effects of strong drugs.
The milk thistle extract is effective on improving the following body functions:
- Improves the liver function and helps it regenerate
- Reduces the effects of our lifestyle on the liver function
- Stimulates the gallbladder, reduces the gallstones
- Helps the body eliminate toxic substances
- Cleans the kidneys, reduces the kidney stones and improves their function
- Has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Reduces the pains associated with menstruation
Recent experiments and studies have shown that, besides its role in improving our body functions, the milk thistle can be used in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, HIV, liver diseases, patients with high cholesterol levels and many more.
Natural remedies such as the milk thistle extract are considered to be an innovative solution in the treatment of psychiatric disorders due to the fact that they have no side effects, they are tolerable and traditional drugs are not effective over long periods of time.
Scientists have begun to conduct studies to determine the role of the milk thistle extract in the treatment of psychiatric disorders.
Where Can You Find It
Being a natural remedy, it should be available for purchase at the local drug store. If you prefer to buy it from the comfort of your home, you can visit Hollandandbarrett.com online.