Some people use heat (hyperthermia) to boost their immune system, it also well knows for healing cancer. Most of the people do not know that doing the opposite way that is extremely cold can also heal cancer. That is cryopreservation; the whole body cryotherapy is the process where the whole body is exposed to extreme cold. The extreme cold can activate the healing mechanism naturally which leads to increase the metabolic rate in order to produce more heat and protect the body.
We know that in case of swelling or twist of ankle we use ice packs to reduce the pain and to get rid of pain immediately. The localized version of cryopreservation is placing a frozen bag, or a cloth with ice cubes, etc. this will reduce the pain and swelling. By applying cold packs on the affected area it will boost healing, reduce the inflammation and alleviates pain.
The Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC), is a new phenomenon. Now a day’s many celebrities are getting on the cryotherapy. In this process, the person or the patient places themselves in a small room or a tank with the refrigerated cold air or liquid nitrogen. The temperature may be minus 150 degrees Fahrenheit! So, your doctor will ask you to wear gloves, face mask, hard-soled shoes, etc.
How WBC helps for cancer patients?
Whole body cryopreservation improves immune function by reducing inflammation. It is one of the Japanese rheumatologist Toshima Yamauchi, has developed this procedure. Many studies have shown that WBC can improve the circulation in the skin as well as in the connective tissues, tendons, joints, and muscles. People with few health conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, neurological, fibromyalgia, orthopedic problems, skin diseases, lung diseases are benefited with whole body cryotherapy.
Benefits of cryotherapy
- Burn calories between 500-1000 calories over the next 24 hours after each session
- Boost your body’s natural metabolism
- Remove cellulite
- Oxygenate the blood and flush toxins
Pain management and wellness
- Pain relief from such disorders as, rheumatoid disease and fibromyalgia
- Decreases muscle soreness, spasms, and inflammations
- Alleviation of depression, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, and stress.
- Boost lymph darning and blood circulation
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Get stronger hair and nails
- Improves skin conditions such as psoriasis, blemishes, and acne
- Trigger collagen production and skin rejuvenation
Other benefits of cryotherapy
- Improves recovery: Just three minutes replaces traditional ice therapy, sore muscles recover quicker post training.
- Increases metabolic rate: As effective as an hour of cardio exercises, Burns an average of 400-600 calories per session, improves overall metabolism,
- Increases endorphins: Provides a natural boost of energy, helps improves depression and other mood disorders
- Increases range of motion: decreases the risk of injury
- Improved immune system: Decreases the prevalence of colds and other illness.
- Increased collagen production: Tightens and firms the skin for a more youthful look
- Pain management: Minimizes chronic pain, reduces inflammation and improves skin condition.
- Increases testosterone and libido