Chemotherapy and radiation therapy can greatly change your skin’s pigmentation, color and freshness. Changes that you observe after undergoing these therapies include:
- Dry and itchy skin
- Hives or rashes
- Hypersensitivity to sunlight
- Formation of rings under your eyes
Feel better about yourself:
Undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy leads to low self-esteem. In order to feel better both emotionally and physically, use effective skin care products to deal with your needs. Skin care products keep your skin looking fresh.
Keep your skin clean all the times, remove dander and impurities. Skin hydration is important during chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
To better manage the side effects of chemotherapy, try the below mentioned tips:
- Don’t allow contact with chemical irritants and heat.
- Special care is needed around the eyes and also on your lips.
- Moisturizing your skin is essential though it is damp.
- Apply lotions and creams to maintain skin moisture.
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water.
- Drink carrot juice as it is beneficial for your skin and blood.
- Apply makeup to hide those imperfections.
- Apply lotion that contains lanolin to treat dry skin.
- Don’t use too much hot water as it eliminates your skin’s natural oil.
- Avoid exposure to sun for longer hours.