Prostate is a compound tubuloaveolar gland which is a part of the male reproductive system. It is found in most mammals with considerable difference in the anatomy etc. Prostate cancer is a form of cancer which is seen to develop in the prostate of a male. There are a number of symptoms of advanced prostate cancer which help diagnose the disease.
Though most of the prostate cancers are slow, there have been cases of aggressive prostate cancers as well. The cancer may spread from the prostate to other parts of the body like the bones or the lymph etc. The cancer grows in reaction to testosterone; hence the aim of most medicines is to control it.
There are many common symptoms benign and advanced prostate cancer. But most of the symptoms arise only when the cancer reaches a serious level. The symptoms of advanced prostate cancer are as follows:
- One of the most common symptoms of advanced prostate cancer is the need to urinate more frequently than regular. The need to urinate may rise even more in the night.
- Also difficulty in stopping or starting the stream urine, leaking of urine when the individual is laughing or coughing and the inability to urinate when standing up straight are also few of the symptoms of advanced prostate cancer. An individual suffering from prostate cancer may experience either one or multiple of these symptoms.
- Pain is also one of the most common symptoms of advanced level prostate cancer. The individual may suffer from immense pain while trying to urinate or when ejaculating. An individual may also experience burning sensation besides the pain from the cancer.
- Another symptom of advanced prostate cancer is stiffness and pain in other parts of the body. A deep, dull pain and / or stiffness in the lower back region, in the pelvis, the ribs and the upper thighs are a sign of prostate cancer. Pain in the bones of these areas is also a symptom of advanced prostate cancer.
- The symptoms of advanced prostate cancer include considerable and unexplained weight loss in an individual. A loss in the appetite is also a symptom.
- Experiencing fatigue, or nausea, or vomiting also indicates towards the possibility of advanced prostate cancer.
- There have been cases where the prostate cancer spreads to the bone marrow of the patient. Thus a secondary cancer in the bone marrow is a symptom of advanced prostate cancer.
- Another symptom of advanced prostate cancer is experiencing weakness in the lower limbs. In some cases the individuals have also experienced paralysis in the lower limbs. The individual may also experience weakness in walking along with constipation.