For reducing the side effects of radiation, in particular, it has been shown by hundreds of studies to have a radiations protective effect, as heavy duty antioxidants, it also has direct antitumour effects as well.
It is a bioflavonoid which has been shown to decrease many side effects of radiation. Studies show that it can instigate cancer cell apoptosis as well as shut down the mechanism by which cancer cells can repair.
It has been proven to decrease organ damage that may occur radiation damage. It also recovers DNA damage to normal standards.
4. Ginkgo biloba extract
Researchers found that Ginkgo Biloba reduces blood markers for ionizing radiation exposure in individuals who has been exposed in the workplace.
It is a fermented soybean paste, which helps to heal after radiation exposure through the bacteria in the bean paste. This bacterium binds with the radiation and helps to expel it from the body at a rapid pace.
Natural home remedies for radiation burn
1. Organic Calendula Officinalis Extract
A fresh study found calendula to be better than the trolamine for the prevention of acute dermatitis in postoperative patients undergoing radiotherapy for cancer.
2. Organic Aloe Vera gel
The gel from the aloe Vera plant is known for its burn healing properties, and it also acts as a natural antiseptic.
3. Organic lavender essential oil
Lavender essential oil is excellent for healing burns and wounds; it has natural anti-bacterial, anti- inflammatory analgesic or pain relieving and anti-tumour properties.
4. Organic coconut and hempseed oil
Organic coconut oil and hemp seed oil are excellent for helping to heal burns; the fatty acids antioxidants in coconut oil are not excellent for adding moisture and protection to the skin. Hemp seed oil has over 540 different photochemical that has its anti-inflammatory, analgesic anti-bacterial anti-fungal anti-cancer, and neuroprotective properties.
Method of use
- Apply organic calendula extract. Using a cotton ball soaked with calendula extract, apply liberally to the area. It will soak into the skin and should leave no residue.
- Then next apply organic aloe Vera gel, apply a required quantity of gel. Apply a sufficient quantity of gel to saturate the tissue.
- Then apply lavender oil diluted with coconut or hemp oil. Once the aloe vera gel has soaked in apply 1-2 drops of organic lavender essential oil, which is diluted in one teaspoon of organic coconut or hemp oil.
- After 1-2 week before radiation begins, as well as after radiotherapy treatment has ended use this method once daily.
Once your treatment has started to apply twice daily, but not within one hour before or after radiotherapy session.