In today’s era, people suffer from many diseases which occur due to their own habits or some are genetically acquired. But few of the disease create a situation of life or death. One such disease is eye cancer. Eye cancer is now faced by a lot of people. There are different types of cancer that affect your eyes.
Cancer affecting eyes are:
- Eye Melanoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Among these types, one of the most common suffered types of eye cancer is melanoma. You should know the symptoms so that you can consult a doctor as soon as you detect it.
Symptoms of Eye Cancer
Eye cancer is only detected through a routine eye check up. They don’t have any specific symptoms. Still, some of the symptoms are:
- Blurred Vision: When you can’t see properly or your vision gets blurred, you should go for an eye test. This might be cured by some medicines.
- Total or Partial loss of Vision: If you can’t see anything or can see partially, it can be a sign that you should go for an eye test.
- Dark patch in your eye: If this is one of your cases, then you should visit an eye specialist. Many people might consider it to be some mole or something, but if it is increasing in size then you should consult a doctor.
- Bulging of an eye: If you are suffering from itching eyes, headache, fever, redness, etc. should visit a doctor as soon as possible.
These might be might seem minor, but these can take a very bad structure in the future. So, if you are suffering from all these symptoms you should consult a doctor soon.
Let’s talk about the most common type eye cancer, that is, melanoma. It basically develops in the skin as well as in the other parts of the body. It affects the eyeball and the conjunctiva.
Symptoms of Melanoma are:
- The light colour of the eye: People who have green, grey, blue eyes, standa high chance of suffering from melanoma.
- Using sun beds: If you are exposing a lot to the ultraviolet rays of the sun, then you can suffer from melanoma.
- Pale or white skin: This is quite common among white or fair-skinned people. This has been proved by a study where it is said that more than 500 people suffer from eye cancer each year in the United States and United Kingdom.
- Unusual Moles: If you have unusual moles with different colors, then you might suffer from melanoma. So, you should frequently visit a doctor for an eye test.
The above symptoms should be noted and taken care before it gets more dangerous. Eye cancer is very rare and it has no specific symptoms to detect properly. Cancer should be detected as soon as possible so that it can get cured at the initial level.